[fpc-pascal] Managed properties idea

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 5 07:28:39 CEST 2017

Am 05.10.2017 05:04 schrieb "Ryan Joseph" <ryan at thealchemistguild.com>:
> I’ve been wanting to learn how to contribute to the compiler for years
now but maybe this is an easy enough project to start with. I don’t know if
this is  a problem people have though but I assume it may be since
Objective-C had a system like for memory management and properties. What do
you think? How do most FPC programmers handle memory these days?

The way to go in Object Pascal are reference counted interfaces (aka
COM-style interfaces). After all one should program against an interface
anyway and that reference counted interfaces are automatically handled by
the compiler is an added bonus.

Regards,
Sven