[fpc-pascal] Help on using direct pascal compiler

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Oct 3 10:58:32 CEST 2017

On Tue, October 3, 2017 10:00, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Oct 2017, sjc snc wrote:

Hello,

The original poster is not subscribed to the list (although he didn't
mention it in his post, unfortunately), thus I added him to Cc: now.

>> I want to use fpc.exe directly to convert pascal code to executable (*
>> .exe) file. I do not know how to use it. When it comes to the fpc.exe
>> file,
>> it tells you to press enter then it disappears automatically. I need to
>> create a project on visual basic to convert pascal code to executable (*
>> .exe), and then run it with a button in my program. Thank you for
>> reading
>> and please help me.
>
> You need to specify the file that fpc.exe needs to convert.
>
> If you have a file called, for example, 'hello.pas' that looks like this:
>
> program hello;
>
> begin
>    Writeln('Hello, world!');
> end.
>
> then the command
>
> fpc hello.pas
>
> will convert it to an executable.
>
> If you don't give any options to fpc, it will display the help, and asks
> you to press enter, this is what you have observed.

I would add that information provided above is provided in file readme.txt
included with FPC (not even mentioning the excellent user documentation
;-) ).

Tomas