[fpc-pascal] installing cross fpc in parallel to systems fpc

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Nov 9 21:31:02 CET 2017

Il 09/11/2017 02:36, Marc Santhoff ha scritto:

> how does fpc and it's makefiles handle the case of installing a cross
> compiler on a system having fpc installed?
>
> The target path will differ and I can set that, but how is the config
> file .fpc.cfg handled?

You may edit your fpc.cfg for your different target using an IFDEF/ENDIF
pair.

Under Linux I have in my home directory a .fpc.cfg sort of:

#include /etc/fpc.cfg  <--- to get all the defaults
#IFDEF CPUARM
---- here all the ARM specific paths and options
#ENDIF

That's the basic idea. All that's between #IFDEF -- #ENDIF is ignored
when you're *not* cross-compiling.
All that's between #IFDEF -- #ENDIF overrides the previous settings when
you're cross-compiling

Giuliano