[fpc-pascal] GLM library alternative?

Ingemar Ragnemalm ingemar at ragnemalm.se
Sun May 28 13:34:00 CEST 2017

Ryan Joseph wrote:

> I’m trying to following some OpenGL tutorials to learn the matrix transforms but I’m getting stuck because I don’t have the c++ GLM library which everyone is using. I see FPC has a matrix class but it doesn’t include all the helpers in GLM like rotation, transform, perspective transforms (https://open.gl/transformations). If I knew enough I think I could just build these myself but I’ll likely introduce a bunch of errors at first.
>
> Has anyone converted these to Pascal before or having some similar I could look at?
>
> Regards,
> 	Ryan Joseph

I use my own vector/matrix library VectorUtils3, which is written in
plain C (thereby FPC friendly), and included in the common code of my
OpenGL demo library:

http://computer-graphics.se/demopage/

Actually, there is also an FPC version of VectorUtils, FPC interfaces to
most of my common code, and even a bunch of demos that I made FPC for.
(Modern OpenGL, not old-style code, no immediate mode.) I never uploaded
them anywhere, since there didn't seem to be much interest, but if
someone wants them, no problem.

/Ingemar