[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Nikolay Nikolov nickysn at gmail.com
Wed May 24 17:29:07 CEST 2017

On 05/24/2017 06:14 PM, James Richters wrote:
> I was finally able to get this working, and now my keyboard issues are solved, so thank for the help and fix Nikolay!  I can't believe the performance increase using ptcgraph instead of graph, I am now even able to run my program on a tiny windows 10 tablet with no performance issues.  Also ptccrt solves some of the bugs with wincrt, mainiy that wincrt doesn't respond to any alt keys at all and not all of the crtl keys
It's great that it's finally working for you. And yes, ptccrt supports
most alt and ctrl key combinations, but if you find some key combination
missing, please report it - it is easy to add.

> What I finally realized was there was another set of PTC units with the default installation of Freepascal 3.0.2 that I needed to remove so the correct versions of the files could be found.
>
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to make note of this in the instructions?
>
> I ended up needing to remove:
> H:\FPC\3.0.2\units\i386-win32\graph\ptcgraph.ppu
> H:\FPC\3.0.2\units\i386-win32\graph\ptcgraph.0
> H:\FPC\3.0.2\units\i386-win32\graph\ptccrt.ppu
> H:\FPC\3.0.2\units\i386-win32\graph\ptccrt.0
> H:\FPC\3.0.2\units\i386-win32\graph\ptcmouse.ppu
> H:\FPC\3.0.2\units\i386-win32\graph\ptcmouse.0
>
> And the entire folder  H:\FPC\3.0.2\units\i386-win32\ptc
>
> Also I could not compile with a space in my FPC install directory, so a quick comment about that may be useful to someone.
Yes, the ptcpas compilation instructions in INSTALL.txt are from the
time when ptcpas wasn't included in the fpc distribution, and haven't
been updated since then. This usually isn't a problem, since most people
use the version that comes with fpc. Only when I add a new feature, or
bug fix is there a need to update it. Eventually, I'm going to commit
these changes in fpc trunk and they will be included in the next version
of fpc as well, so most people will get these updates this way.