[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Tue May 23 23:40:12 CEST 2017

>Just like you now use -FuSomePath to tell the compiler where to find units, you can use -FiSomePath to tell the compiler where to look for include files.

I've been trying to compile with Free Pascal Text IDE, I have no experience with compiling programs from the command line,  but this gave me an idea to try it from command line instead.

First, I thought I would start clean, and  I re-installed Free Pascal and left the directory structure alone, and just changed the drive to H: where I have a lot of room. I suspect it did not like the space I had in my directory name.
>From the new install of FPC 3.0.2 on my H Drive, I was able to successfully follow the instructions and I finally managed to compile ptcpas-code-715-trunk.

I was also able to compile the examples and they executed correctly.  So I used the command line used to compile one of the examples, and put the whole path of ptcpas in and I was finally able to successfully compile my test program with the following command line:
h:/FPC/3.0.2/bin/i386-Win32/ppc386.exe -Fuh:/ptcpas-code-715-trunk/units/i386-win32/ -FE. -FUh:/ptcpas-code-715-trunk/units/i386-win32 -di386 dual-key-screen.pas
When I compiled It this way, I am now able to ALT-Tab from the graph window and when I return everything is fine,  so this proves the problem has been solved, but integrating the solution into my compiler is the problem.

I am trying to get it to work from the Free Pascal text mode IDE
but when I add h:\ptcpas-code-715-trunk\units\i386-win32 to the list of unit directories in the Free Pascal text IDE and try to compile my program, I get:

PPU Loading H:\ptcpas-code-715-trunk\units\i386-win32\ptcgraph.ppu
║ PPU Source: ptcgraph.pp not found
║ PPU Source: graphh.inc not available
║ PPU Source: graph.inc not available
║ PPU Source: fontdata.inc not available
║ PPU Source: clip.inc not available
║ PPU Source: palette.inc not available
║ PPU Source: modes.inc not available
║ PPU Source: fills.inc not available
║ PPU Source: gtext.inc not available
║ Recompiling ptcgraph, checksum changed for ptc
║ dual-key-screen.pas(3,6) Fatal: Can't find unit ptcgraph used by KeyTestWin.p
║ dual-key-screen.pas(0) Fatal: Compilation aborted

How do I properly use the FreePascal Text mode IDE to use the ptcpas units I compiled?

My entries under directories > Units are:
H:\ptcpas-code-715-trunk\units\i386-win32
h:\FPC\3.0.2\units\$fpctarget
h:\FPC\3.0.2\units\$fpctarget\*
h:\FPC\3.0.2\units\$fpctarget\rtl

All other directories tabs are blank