[fpc-pascal] [FPC-Pascal] FPC Graphics options?

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Mon May 22 23:38:46 CEST 2017

>I cannot reproduce it on my machine after the r714 fix. Can you send me a small example program, that demonstrates the problem, as well as detailed steps to reproduce?

Here is a simple sample program that has the issue for me on both my windows 10 desktop and my windows 10 laptop, both are 64bit.
https://hastebin.com/nubonozaho.pas

This is just a little program I wrote to get the ascii codes real fast off either the console window or graphics window.  If I recall correctly, using the graph unit some of the F keys were different on the graph screen than they were in the console screen.   This makes a good sample because it shows that the graph screen is responding to the keyboard, just not with what is expected.  It also shows that the graphic window is still actually working as well.  To duplicate the issue, first show that everything works as expected by switching between the windows by clicking on them, type some keys in each window.  Esc exits the program, g, G, c, & C I use to test switching windows with windows api calls.

To demonstrate the problem, while on the graphics window, use alt-tab from the graphics window to the console window,  the keys all work as expected in the console window, but then if you use any method to get back to the graphics window, they keys reported in the graphics window are no longer correct.   While preparing this for you I noticed that the keys reported seem to be as if alt is being held down when it is not.... and strangely, if I hold down alt and hit any key at all,   from that point on,  the graphic screen reacts normally to keystrokes.

I will admit that I get a bit confused when it comes to manipulating units and things, but I'm fairly certain that I implemented r175 correctly.
I removed all copies of ptcgraph from my compiler paths and make sure I got a compiler error for it being not found, then put the newly compiled r175 fix in and compiled it. You can see I fixed my sample program to use Windowtitle:=Graphtitle; and that is working, so that would seem to indicate that I am really running r175.

Thank you for the help with this, it is very much appreciated

James