[fpc-pascal] FPC 64bit for windows

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri May 19 08:01:43 CEST 2017

Am 19.05.2017 02:22 schrieb "James Richters" <james at productionautomation.net
>:
>
> Thank you for the explanation.  I didn't really understand how to use the
cross compiler.

> I have installed the cross compiler and tried to compile my program with
>
> ppcrossx64 program.pas
>
> but I get
> PaStep.pas(3,98) Fatal: Can't find unit smtpsend used by PAStep
>
> Smtpsend is part of synapse...   I was going to try to copy the library
to the x86_64-win64 folder but then I thought, wait a minute, I will need
the 64bit library to get this to work...  but it looks to me like Synapse
has only support for Win32.  So maybe I'm out of luck with a 64bit version
if I'm going to use Synapse, unless the cross compiler will take care of
this for me?  Anyone know about this?

You'll need to compile synapse from source then using the cross compiler (I
doubt that they don't support Win64).

Btw: instead of calling "ppcross64.exe ..." you can also use "fpc -Px86_64
..."

Regards,
Sven