[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Thu May 18 16:58:04 CEST 2017

On Thu, 18 May 2017 21:00:48 +0700
Ryan Joseph <ryan at thealchemistguild.com> wrote:

> That’s right. I’d really like to know what the hell FPC is doing to make it so slow (besides the call to Floor()). The compiler team should be worried about this also I would think.

No, they should not.
It's no real world problem, just a test program. A real game would be done differently and then FPC is fast.
People don't do math on computers so raw calculation speed is not important.
Compiler optimizations would be nice but are hard to do and the project has not enough contributors.
Being on many platforms doesn't make the task easier.

Long story short:
Wanne do PacMan in 160x100 resolution, no problem for FPC.
Wanne do something more modern, use something fast like Python or Perl.

R.