[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed May 17 08:03:08 CEST 2017

Am 17.05.2017 07:18 schrieb <noreply at z505.com>:

> On 2017-05-15 17:37, James Richters wrote:
>>
>> I have managed to get ptcgraph and ptccrt to work with my program and
>> I can report that there is an AMAZING increase in graphics
>> performance!   It is pretty much a drop in replacement and I did not
>> change any compiler settings.  I did have to make a few minor changes
>> to get it to work, not enough to change the speed of anything.
>>

> So it can't be an fpc problem, but a unit module problem that someone
didn't spend time optimizing which has little to do with fpc but more to do
with the way the units were written?

> Or is the ptcgraph/ptccrt in assembly code to avoid FPC mode objcfpc
compilation and use assembly instead? Sorry I have not looked at it.. don't
know.

You don't need to look at the code you merely need to look at the mails
that Nikolay has written in this thread. There he writes that the stock
graph unit and the PTC graph unit both use different approaches to interact
with the Windows API this allowing the latter not to have the same
bottleneck as the former.

Regards,
Sven