[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Wed May 17 00:03:01 CEST 2017

>Yes, you can do this, if you set:

>  FullscreenGraph := true;

I tried this and it does make a full screen graphics window without the windows title bar on top, which I like, however if I task switch out of the graphics window, then task switch back to it, my keyboard no longer responds via ptccrt.  I do this quite often, even launching things from within my program that I expect to be on top of it, for example I will launch a text editor and wait for it to be closed before my program continues.

For non-full screen use, are there any variable I can set that would specify the graph windows position on the screen, or force the window to be maximized?

I was able to switch back and forth to the ptcgraph window by doing the following:

  {$H+}

   SetConsoleTitle(ConsoleTitle); //Change name of Console window so it’s not the same as the graph window

   Sleep(60); //give windows some time to make the change

   GraphWindow:=FindWindow(nil,Pchar(paramstr(0)+#0#0));  //Figure out handle for graph window with FindWindow()

  // the following all work with the handle obtained for the ptcgraph window with the above method

   setwindowtextA(graphwindow,GraphTitle);

   ShowWindow(graphwindow,SW_show);

   SetActiveWindow(graphwindow);

   SetForegroundWindow(graphwindow);

It would be handy if GraphWindow was set to the ptcgraph window handle to make it compatible with the graph unit

Thanks for the help with this, I really appreciate it

James