[fpc-pascal] List pre-defined defines

Jon Foster jon-lists at jfpossibilities.com
Tue May 16 23:45:42 CEST 2017

I've looked several times over the years for a way to get fpc to dump all
of the predefined "defines" for the target selected. Things like "fpc",
"linux", "unix", "android", "cpuarm", "cpui386", ... and who knows what
else. Seems like there ought to be an "-i?" switch for this. Have I just
missed it? Is there something to dump all of the built in defines for the
current target?

I have a couple of needs for this:

1. A "menu" of sorts to figure out which is the best define to make my code
adapt to a given target, like when I wrote something for i386 and then
discover I need to do something different for x64 or arm.

2. I have tools to extract code sections from Pascal sources. but I don't
always know which ifdefs to follow.

3. Just 'cause I'm curios... I guess that's more than 2. :-)

TIA - Jon

--
Sent from my Debian Linux workstation -- http://www.debian.org/intro/about

Jon Foster