[fpc-pascal] Partial text search in a dictionary

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Tue May 16 10:26:59 CEST 2017

> However i would like to be able to do a partial text search on the
strings, prefeably with a result as a list of matching string/object
pairs but getting an index to the first matching pair would be fine. The
match only has to be done from the first character of both strings, so a
complex solution like Regex search is not needed.

Google for prefix tree (or radix tree or trie) implementation. I believe
I've seen one in either Blaise Pascal Magazine or Pascal Gamer Magazine, the
topic is about building autocomplete combobox if I'm not mistaken.