[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Tue May 16 00:37:48 CEST 2017

I have managed to get ptcgraph and ptccrt to work with my program and I can report that there is an AMAZING increase in graphics performance!   It is pretty much a drop in replacement and I did not change any compiler settings.  I did have to make a few minor changes to get it to work, not enough to change the speed of anything.

I am getting an error 217 access violation when I try to use outtextXY after a  SetTextJustify(2,2);  (Top, Right justify)  but with the graph unit my text was in the correct place and not off the screen.

I also no longer have the 'graphwindow' handle variable so I had to comment out anything that was using it like

SetWindowTextA(graphicwindow,graphwindowtext);
And
ShowWindow(graphwindow, SW_SHOW);
So I just commented them out for now.    I'm hoping there is a way to get around the graphwindow variable because I was using the above 2 functions and I don't know how else to determine the graphic window handle... but the performance gain and ease of implementation will make working out any other issues worth the effort.  Any advice on how I can capture the graph window handle would be appreciated

Thank you for the help with this.

Jim