[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Sun May 14 23:16:37 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-11 16:48, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-05-11 19:43, James Richters wrote:
>> Any Suggestions?
>
> Speed:
>   In recent graphics work I've done, I've noticed that FPC is fantastic
>   at created cross-platform applications. But the generated binaries
>   are NOT fast at all - no matter how many compiler parameters and
>   artificial speed optimisations we tried to implement. Sloppy Java
>   code ended up 3x faster than the best I could get out of FPC
>   generated binaries.

What about things like opengl, i.e. ZenGL?

Or you use something else for graphics?

Since opengl are just wrappers around librarie that call c code, it
shouldn't be slow and should be the same speed as any C++ wrapper other
than the wrapper itself having bottlenecks?

But depends what you mean by graphics I guess.