[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Fri May 12 11:39:25 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-12 10:28, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> Ah ok, so a tight loop benchmark.

And lots of colour value loop-ups. Nothing wrong with that - how else
are you supposed to implement a software raycaster.

It must be noted, my intention was not to implement a "benchmark". I had
a Java implementation, but preferred to continue my work using Object
Pascal. So I ported the code, and then noticed the terrible performance
- so canned that idea after numerous failed attempts to improve what FPC
generated. Obviously, normal desktop apps work fine with FPC, and if you
do graphics work, make sure you offload as much as possible to a GPU.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/