[fpc-pascal] SimpleIPC examples in docs

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Mon May 8 11:00:06 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-08 03:27, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-05-08 06:17, noreply at z505.com wrote:
>> Can't seem to find them in the current docs.
>
> In the fpGUI repository there are a few examples of SimpleIPC
> usage. The examples/apps/nanoedit/ uses it. The
> examples/apps/debugserver/
> uses it. I think the examples/apps/ide/ also uses it. All non-LCL
> by the way. ;-)

Also found one in this folder of my lazarus installation (1.6.4):
fpc\3.0.2\source\packages\fcl-process\examples\

there are three programs in that directory that relate to IPC

simpleipcserver.lpr
ipcserver.pp
ipcclient.pp

Trying to figure out what I do with them to send a message and
communicate between the two antisocial programs