[fpc-pascal] Freevision etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu May 4 13:03:17 CEST 2017

On 13/04/17 10:00, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> I've not used Freevision/Turbovision before, but am experimenting with
> James Clarke's DialEdit as an experiment to see whether I can create a
> fallback user interface for use if an interactive program is running in
> a shell session. The Lazarus side of things isn't a problem, I know from
> the past how to break out before the GUI is initialised and so on.

I was mistaken, this can't be done easily so there's no advantage in
trying to build a single program for both GUI and text modes.

> My first problem is that there's a name clash between the Freevision and
> LCL variants of some units.

With two separate programs this ceases to be a problem, Lazarus or a
straight FPC compilation works.

Is anybody currently using Freevision dialog(ue)s? I've got some very
odd problems transferring initial values onto the screen and getting
stuff back, at least some of which appears to be platform-specific
(comparing x86_64, i386 and arm, all Linux).

For example, the checkboxes in a group appear to be numbered $10, $20
instead of $01 etc., and I've not yet found how to interface with
radiobuttons: only 0 works.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk