[fpc-pascal] Delphi for Linux is out

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Mar 23 18:19:46 CET 2017

Il 23/03/2017 17:19, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal ha scritto:
> In the end you'll just need the correct units to do GUI applications
> as well though one would need to do everything by hand as there'd be
> no VCL or FM :P

IOW with the newest Delphi for Linux you're in a worse condition than
using old Kylix!

We are still supporting a lot of old Kylix applications, and, when I'm
too lazy to bring up a VM with an old Linux supporting the Kylix IDE, I
just edit the files using Lazarus, and then compile the app using dcc
which still runs on today's distro's (provided you supply it the
required Kylix libraries). Even the app runs on today distro's, provided
you feed it with its 32 bit libraries.

Whenever possible we migrate the app to Lazarus, and then you feel like
updating a Lazarus 0.9x app to Lazarus 1.6!

Giuliano