[fpc-pascal] Serial to TCP gateway in FPC?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 00:45:31 CEST 2017

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 00:30:27 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>I looked at the socket unit, which has the advantage that it is part
>of FPC. But the documentation is very confusing...
>For example I was looking at fpconnect:
>https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sockets/fpconnect.html
>and noted that the example does NOT use fpconnect at all, instead it
>uses a depreciated Connect method with strange arguments...
>Is there some updated documentation somewhere?

OOPS! After I sent my earlier message I realized that the fpconnect
example uses code that attaches the socket to textfiles Sin and Sout.
But my use is specifically NOT a text based system, all data are
binary and no iterpretation whatsoever of the content is allowed.

Can I still use the sockets unit with fpconnect? Or must I use the
depreciated Connect method so I can specify the files as binary or
text files? Connect is overloaded....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden