[fpc-pascal] Serial to TCP gateway in FPC?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 14:43:45 CEST 2017

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 19:16:05 -0400, Paul Breneman
<Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com> wrote:

>Why do you need FPC code?  Here are free drivers that work in Windows:
>   http://com0com.sourceforge.net/

I tried again and failed again.
I installed com0com and had an error in my face during installation:
SetupUninstallOEMInf(oem11.inf)
ERROR: 0xE000023D -

But it was possible to continue anyway, so I did that.

Afterwards I used the setup utility to make the com pair COM91-COM92.

Then I started com2tcp to connect to the remote port and make it
possible for my local application to use the virtual com port COM91 to
connect to the remote system. But:

com2tcp.exe --baud 38400 --data 8 --parity n --stop 1 --ignore-dsr
COM92 10.0.0.26 2091
OpenC0C(): CreateFile("COM92") ERROR No such file or directory (2)

And my application, which enumerates available serial ports on
startup, does not even show the COM91, COM92 virtual port pair...

So the local application cannot connect to one side of the virtual com
pair and com2tcp cannot connect to the other side...

I would really like to use an available program rather than spening
time to develop something myself, but it seems like com0com does not
cut it...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden