[fpc-pascal] Usage of TFPCustomImage

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Jun 13 16:20:34 CEST 2017

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017, Juha Manninen wrote:

> The class TFPCustomImage and its usage has apparently changed in FPC
> 3.0.2 (and trunk) compared to FPC 3.0.
>
> This issue:
>  https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32005
> is marked for TLazIntfImage (in LCL) but actually the problematic
> procedure LoadFromStream is in TFPCustomImage.
> Please read my note in the issue.
>
> Question: how should TFPCustomImage be used now?
> I guess TLazIntfImage must be changed accordingly.

As far as I know, nothing has changed in this regard in TFPCustomImage.

However, this method of loading an image depends on the order of the uses
statements: each registered reader is asked in turn whether it recognizes
the stream.

The first to answer 'yes' will be used to read the stream. If PNM 'falsely'
recognizes a PNG stream as PNM, there is nothing you can do except tell the
reader which format to use...

Michael.