[fpc-pascal] fpGUI on macOS

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Fri Jun 9 00:40:45 CEST 2017

On 2017-06-07 10:45, Adriaan van Os wrote:

>> But as with everything Apple does (which is so G*d damn stupid), they
>> keep on reducing functionality and removing >> all the useful features
>> from the OS to dumb it down more and more - because all consumers are
>> dumb asses right.
>> ;-)
>
> Fully agreed. Apple has become a fashion shop, where the lastest
> winter of summer fashion collection deprecates all the crap they
> released the seasson before. So that we all have to buy new gadgets
> and rewrite all our software,

I'm concerned about Carbon being unusable in the future, and apps like
Lazaurs are built on Carbon, right?
So will lazarus be converting the IDE over to cocoa?

It's possible carbon may stay around long enough, 5 years, 10 years, who
knows - that it won't affect anything.

This maybe should be in fpc-other now, but, since it is lazarus/fpc
related, I'll keep it here for now.