[fpc-pascal] Compiler debug build

denisgolovan denisgolovan at yandex.ru
Sat Jul 22 19:05:30 CEST 2017

Hi all

Currently I am debugging a nasty shared memory bug.
More specifically it's related to memory allocator, though not directly.

More to the point - lack of backtraces is really tough - Lazarus debugger just shows one level.
Upon some investigation I managed to get much more meaningful backtraces.
However the only way to enable them which I found is manually editing root Makefile.fpc and removing all RELEASE directives (giving executing make DEBUG=1 does not help) and compiler rebuild to avoid -O2 optimizations.

So the question is why it's so difficult to build fpc compiler/rtl in debug mode?
Is it possible to fix? Or maybe I miss some official way?

Denis Golovan