[fpc-pascal] FPDoc - how to document overloaded functions?

Wed Jul 12 16:57:57 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-12 15:19, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> ps #1:
>    I haven't tried documenting function results yet, so not sure what
> FPDOC is going to do with that in this output.

I had a look at documenting function results. There seems to be a bug
(or place for improvement) in the HTML output. Even worse, the Linear
output writers don't output Arguments at all! :-/

Back to the HTML output. Using the 4 overloaded FileAge functions, the
output is as follows:

   Declaration
      // lists all 4 overloaded functions here
   Arguments
      // ...
   Function result
      // ...
   Arguments
      // ...
   Arguments
      // ...
   Arguments
      // ...
   Description
      // ...

As you can see, the "Function result" section only appears once, and
only after the first "Arguments" section. I'm thinking the best place
would rather be to list all 4 "Arguments" sections, then followed by the
"Function results" section.

Alternatively, I can try listing one "Argument", then one "Function
result", repeat. I'm not sure if this is possible though, and what
happens if one of the overloads don't actually have a result.

Your thoughts?

ps:
   I can send you a screenshot in private if that will help visualise
   things better. The FPC mailing list doesn't seem to like attachments
   at all.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/