[fpc-pascal] FileAge deprecated in Delphi, but not in FPC

Tue Jul 11 16:06:20 CEST 2017

Hi,

As past discussions showed, Free Pascal tries to be Delphi compatible
regarding the RTL. I noticed that Delphi's FileAge() function [the one
with a single parameter) has been deprecated in Delphi XE (circa 2010)
onwards - might even have been earlier.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/Berlin/en/System.SysUtils.FileAge

   http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/2010/en/SysUtils.FileAge

Yet in FPC's RTL (code and documentation) there is no mention that it
has been deprecated. Should FPC follow Delphi here?

   https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/fileage.html

If FPC should follow Delphi, I'll create a patch (added to Mantis), and
at the same time update the code example shown in the SysUtils.FileAge help.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/