[fpc-pascal] Serial to TCP gateway in FPC?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jul 2 14:27:45 CEST 2017

On 02/07/17 11:45, Bo Berglund wrote:

> The Lazarus relaying program using FPC serial and Indy TIdTcpclientcomponents works just fine! Now also with millisecond logging.

Assuming you mean the standard serial.pp: yes, it was because of
accurate logging etc. that I worked on it a few years ago. However be
warned that as part of that effort I was looking at it on various
hardware, and I found that USB serial introduces a lot of inaccuracy
presumably because it's trying to bundle stuff up into packets.

You were asking a few days ago about Application.ProcessMessages but
didn't respond to my attempt to tease out your understanding of what was
happening. Have you sorted that out to your satisfaction?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk