[fpc-pascal] Deleting 'Nonexistent' files under windows

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:44:52 CET 2017

On 1/23/17, Rolf Grunsky <rgrunsky at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I keep ending up with these very long file names which then I can not
> access.

Been there.
I once created a folder and file using W API and \?\\ syntax for
testing purposes.
This all went well, but Windows did not like it and would not let me
remove the file and folder.
I rewote my test program to remove them, but still Windows refused.
(The folder name ended in a space, you could not even browse to the
folder in Windows Explorer)

I then booted a live Linux distribution and removed it from there.
No problem whatsoever.

Bart