[fpc-pascal] FPC run (run program after compile)

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Jan 16 13:22:14 CET 2017

On Mon, January 16, 2017 3:08 am, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 00:06:59 -0700
> "Lars" <noreply at z505.com> wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to compile a program with fpc at the command line and
>> run it right after?
>>
>> Something like
>> fpc run project1.pas -Fu../
>
> instantfpc -Fu../ project1.pas

Looks good...

>> The only thing I could find was InstantFpc, which may serve similar
>> purpose but not really the same as what I was thinking...
>
> And what are you thinking?

That instantfpc has catch22 like you cant compule multiple projects with
the same name, i.e. it caches file name only (caveat) whereas fpcrun would
compile it in current directory, as normal, no special cache dir needed

Also I am thinking about 3 million two thousand and eight other ideas at
the moment
Possibly a.d.h.d meds