[fpc-pascal] fpc and voip ?

fredvs fiens at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 14:05:51 CET 2017

Hello.

I have lot of success to play mp3 files with library mpg123+portaudio and
fpc unit fphttpclient.pas.

Andrew Haines did a perfect work with his TThreadHttpGetter (that is now
included in https://github.com/fredvs/uos).

So getting the voice over ip is not a problem.

For sending the voice, portaudio library and a input device is used.

But what is the best way to finish the circle ?

IMO, compress the microphone-wav-chunck into mp3 (with lame-mp3 encoder for
example) and then... ?

What fpc unit should I use to make that wav-chunck-compressed ready to use
for TThreadHttpGetter ?

A sample code will be very welcome.

Thanks.

Fre;D