[fpc-pascal] ppcjvm issues

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jan 10 12:14:00 CET 2017

On 10.01.2017 05:13, Jon Foster wrote:
> On 01/07/2017 10:39 AM, leledumbo wrote:
>
> So that leaves me with the question: What about destructors? Must I
> call free/destroy on all objects I create, or do they self-destruct?
> If so destroy or free?

AFAIU, in fpc destroying any objects is mandatory. And this close to
always needs to be done with "Free" (which inside the class finally
calls Destroy).

If destroying an object is not necessary, the class should provide a
dummy Free procedure. So the application programmer always can/should
use Free.

-Michael