[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.X next to 2.6.4 on Linux

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Fri Jan 6 20:22:43 CET 2017

Hi,

I have installed FPC 2.6.4 for a long time on my Linux with install.sh
script in /usr dirs. I would like to install FPC 3.0.0 but keep 2.6.4 as
"default" version due to a lot of company projects which I don't want
reconfigure. I want to install FPC 3.0.0 somewhere in my home dir and
configure only my new personal projects to use 3.0 version. Can anyone
instruct me how to do that to not mess up current FPC configuration?

What I want to do is:
1. Install FPC 3.0.0 in home dir
2. Make copy of Lazarus source and rebuild it with FPC 3.0.0. The question
is how to force "make" command to use FPC 3.0 from home dir, not default
2.6.4
3. Use Lazarus with separated dir via "startlazarus --pcp=~/.lazarus_FPC3"

Regards