[fpc-pascal] FPC clean room project

Lars noreply at z505.com
Fri Jan 6 17:27:42 CET 2017

On Fri, January 6, 2017 9:21 am, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-01-06 16:14, Lars wrote:
>
>> Okay but what's the point of it? to be able to compile firemonkey like
>> applications without buying delphi?
>
> Yes, you can build hardware accelerated GUI applications using that
> toolkit.

Okay. hold on a second.  GUI applications, need hardware acceleration...
since when?  I guess this could be useful for animation based apps that
need to be zippy fast...?

AFAICT, gui applications, ever since windows 3.1 days on 33mhz computers,
were fast enough and needed no acceleration for basic things like buttons,
text, etc.

So does the hardware acceleration come in handy when you need to animate
something and make the gui app almost like a video? Scientific demos of
particles bouncing around?

What are the use cases for this?