[fpc-pascal] Feature announcement: Management Operators

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Tue Feb 28 21:40:59 CET 2017

On 2017-02-28 05:20, Maciej Izak wrote:

> It works correctly in all possible ways with RTL:
>
> * New (Initialize)
> * Dispose (Finalize)

What happens with a stack allocated record?
(no new() required, nor dispose() so is the record ever
initialized/finalized?)

Or stack records are forbidden?

One reason I love records is because you can create a stack record
without any worry of freeing and creating it on heap, a huge advantage
over OOP programming in delphi/fpc where everything is heap object
(except old turbo pascal objects).

Sorry, I've been out of touch with what's happening with Records lately
in modern pascal/delphi/etc.
(If it sounds like a silly newbie question, forgive me, I am not up on
the latest and greatest!)