[fpc-pascal] MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2

Jon Foster jon-lists at jfpossibilities.com
Wed Feb 15 17:54:24 CET 2017

On 02/14/2017 06:51 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> Hi,
> MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2 has been released:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/
>
> There are also new versions of the ARM (Raspberry Pi) cross and native
> environments for Free Pascal:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcarm/
>
> and new versions of MSEgit, MSEspice and MSErun:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/

Ooh! I'll have to take a look. I was impressed with MSEgui in the past *it
actually worked*! The Lazarus team seems more interested in features than
in quality and I have not moved beyond v0.9.30.x since v1+ broke way too
many things that used to work and bloated a large amount, so after a decade
or more of trying to use it I gave up. I'm still looking for a decent GUI
system to match the awesomeness of FPC and MSEgui and fpGUI are the current
contenders.

My only issue in the past with MSEgui was a lack of cross-platform
capability. It seemed everyone thought I was insane for wanting to use it
on OS X and it wouldn't compile for PowerPC (something blow up about
initializing the math-co). PowerPC isn't a contender anymore but ARM/Linux
is and it appears you have that covered. I'm using CHIPs
(http://getchip.com). And I still want to use it on all current desktop
platforms (*nix/X, OS X, 'doze).

Thanks for the work I'll have to take another look!

--
Jon Foster
JF Possibilities, Inc.