[fpc-pascal] TJSONData.FindPath() troubles where data contains dots.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Feb 8 17:47:21 CET 2017

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 2017-02-08 16:33, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> One way is to allow to escape dots in the path.
>> But because every character is allowed in a javascript object property, that
>> would mean that \. can also be a correct property name, and so we need to
>> introduce \\ as an escape for \...
>>
>> It could be added.
>

> No, I think that will just get messy (your choice). I was just wondering
> if I was doing something wrong. Either way, I managed to use TJSONenum
> and it worked just fine for my needs.

Indeed. If you experiment in the browser console:

var obj = {};
undefined
obj
Object {  }
obj["1.2.3"] = 'ok';
"ok"
obj
Object { 1.2.3: "ok" }
obj['allez"na'] = 'ok';
"ok"
obj
Object { 1.2.3: "ok", allez"na: "ok" }
obj['not\nice']="beeeh"
"beeeh"
obj
Object { 1.2.3: "ok", allez"na: "ok", not
ice: "beeeh" }
obj['not\ nice']="beeeh"
"beeeh"
obj
Object { 1.2.3: "ok", allez"na: "ok", not
ice: "beeeh", not nice: "beeeh" }

Not so nice at all...

Michael.