[fpc-pascal] Any use notes for javapp

Jon Foster jon-lists at jfpossibilities.com
Tue Feb 7 06:12:00 CET 2017

On 01/28/2017 05:17 AM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 27/01/17 02:34, Jon Foster wrote:
>> So does anyone have any hints, tips, use notes, instructions, ... for
>> how to use the "javapp" tool?
>
> I had accidentally disabled my subscription when you sent your previous
> question about this. At first sight, the problem is that javapp does not
> work right now if the classes are not packed in a jar. Can you try
> putting everything in a jar and trying again?
>
> Also note that javapp is based on javap from JRE 1.6, so if you use
> classes compiled for later JRE versions, you may get errors.

Thanks Jonas!

I used "javac" to compile a file and "jar" to put it in a jar and passed
the jar to javapp via the "-classpath" switch and I'm now getting a set of
files with the expected output. Thanks for the help!

I was thinking to use "javapp" to convert an Android "aapt" generated
"R.java" file into a "resources.pas" file but its way too verbose... I
think I'll just whip up a pas program to perform some simple string
transforms on the R.java file.

THX - Jon

--
Jon Foster