[fpc-pascal] H2pas tool vs others, C header translation

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Mon Aug 28 05:35:55 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-27 21:12, Paulo Costa wrote:
> On 27-Aug-17 23:47, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
>> Is 2 neither true, nor false? 3? 4?
>>
>> If false is zero,
>> Then true is not false.
>>
>> Also C doesn't have a boolean type per se. Iirc it was introduced in
>> some version of c++ standard.
>>
>> In C it's very strange to see code like that:
>>
>> If (b==1)
>>
>> It's always
>> If (b)
>> Or
>> If (!b)
>
> Of course, that is because, in C, any value that is not zero, is true.
>
> So you can not compare with 1 or -1 or any other value to test if it is
> true...
>
> Paulo Costa

There were some very rare edge cases, that occur, though, I have heard,
where... this is not the case.

But I would have to take the time to look up the article where I found
this...

It could even be a rumor, but I think it is serious..

Since it is an edge case, it creeps in like sh*t when you don't expect
it.