[fpc-pascal] Freepascal Floating Point Issue

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 25 00:46:42 CEST 2017

Am 24.08.2017 23:46 schrieb "Ched" <
charles.edouard.des.vastes.vignes at gmail.com>:

> And under "modern" Windows, the extended type, which is fully supported
by the FPU, is *degraded* to double. So, I can't do high precision
computation with fpc even if the native hardware permits such computations.
I'm glued to XP as the full capabilities of the FPU were on the hands of
programmers, years ago.

Please note that this is only true for the 64-bit variants of Windows with
64-bit software. 32-bit software on those systems can use the FPU without
any problems (in fact even 64-bit software can, but since Microsoft
declared it as deprecated for the 64-bit mode it might happen in the future
that it is no longer supported).

Regards,
Sven