[fpc-pascal] Defining sonames?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 18 07:59:10 CEST 2017

Am 18.08.2017 01:17 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys" <
mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk>:

> On 2017-08-17 21:47, Henry Vermaak wrote:
>>
>> You can use -l:libgreat.so.1 with gcc to link to a specific library
version
>> (iirc).
>

> I'll have to take your word for it Henry, as I don't know GCC much - only
the bare minimum to compile small C projects. I normally specify things
like -lpthreads -lX11 etc. I've never seen a versioned -l parameter being
used. I'll try it next time.

Passing a name with ":" to the linker works (on Linux at least). I used
that when I tested dynamic packages and wanted the linker to use
"librtl.ppl" instead of "librtl.so" ;)

Regards,
Sven