[fpc-pascal] Defining sonames?

Wed Aug 16 20:52:11 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-16 18:14, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:
> Wrong. Take an empty program that includes the X unit:

In private I emailed Fred the following URL - it explains in plain
English what is required and what really happens in the ELF binary
format and such. Fred finally understood. On a side note: I learned
something new too. :)

The information in your last reply was spot.

Here is the URL I send Fred. For anybody else, read the question and the
first two answers - that should give you all the information anybody
needs to understand the process.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/475/how-do-so-shared-object-numbers-work

Regards,
   Graeme