[fpc-pascal] TInifile does not handle " " (space) as a value.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 15 11:17:03 CEST 2017

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 2017-08-04 08:47, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>> Is this considered a bug or "by design"?
>> This is by design.
>> As you said, whitespace is not so well defined.
>

> Torsten, if you can, maybe switch to JSON files for config setting
> instead. I have had fantastic success with JSON files in such a way. If
> it doesn't yet exist (it probably does), one could write a API wrapper
> (think Adapter design pattern) giving JSON files the same or very
> similar interface to TINIFile - it could be handy for a transition period.

You ask, we deliver. Revision 36913, package fcl-json.

Unit jsonini.pp contains TJSONIniFile. It is a descendent of TCustomIniFile.

Class method TJSONIniFile.ConvertIni will convert an .ini file to a .json file.
It attempts to use native types when possible.

ini2json example program included.

One item scratched off my long TODO list ;)

Michael.