[fpc-pascal] Defining sonames?

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 13 20:50:37 CEST 2017

Please Sven, keep cool.

You have a opinion that every respect, me first.

But maybe it could be interesting to listen to other, even if you think that those people are stupid.

> The *-dev packages also contain the symbolic link from the library without version to the versioned one.

IMHO, like explained in package, the package contain symbolic link to the "developer" library.

This library could not be the actual installed on the system (that is a link from libX11.so.6).

FPC acts like a "normal" user of libX11.so library, not as a developer (this is for C programmers who needs the C headers and work on the developer ibX11.so library.)

>  as the names of the library will change with every version.

Exactly, and it is why, for each fpc version, the appropriate symlink should be assigned ( at the moment libX11.so.6  )

> This *is* the way to do this

 This *is* your way to see this.

Fre;D