[fpc-pascal] sqldb create/free lifetime of object

Lars noreply at z505.com
Wed Apr 12 10:47:31 CEST 2017

The sql query object and transaction object are created but not freed:

http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/sqldb/usingsqldb.html

I think the docs should mention that the objects need not to be freed, as
this violates normal programming practice of freeing all objects you
create.

P.s. how is it freed magically? Sorry I am on cell phone and cannot look
at source easily to find out

This is one gripe I have with programming is that you never really know if
something should be freed just by looking at the code. If it is not freed
and it was created by you it is a good indication its a mem leak, but not
if there is magic behind the scenes to free it automatically