[fpc-pascal] with no if assigned() there are bugs

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Wed Sep 21 15:23:19 CEST 2016

I assume that your system is a
  x86_64-linux...

  for linux, it seems only 32bit systems are supported,
mainly because there is no stack validation code for 64-bit target...

  The list of supported targets is in: systems_support_checkpointer

For version 3.0.0:
systems.pas:342:       systems_support_checkpointer =
[system_i386_linux,system_powerpc_linux]
systems.pas-343-                             + [system_i386_win32]
systems.pas-344-                             + [system_i386_GO32V2]
systems.pas-345-                             + [system_i386_os2]
systems.pas-346-                             +
[system_i386_beos,system_i386_haiku]
systems.pas-347-                             + [system_powerpc_morphos];

  Anyhow, this code seems also broken for i386-linux...

 I just committed two fixes to trunk,
it is possible to cycle compiler now with -gc option
on both i386 and x86_64 linux.
  As the fix is not cpu specific, I enabled the -gc option
for all linux systems in trunk, but this is untested.

  So if you are using linux OS, -gc option is probably only usable
starting with today's trunk commits.

Pierre