[fpc-pascal] Windows console

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Mon Sep 5 15:01:52 CEST 2016

Hello:

I have a little watchdog utility for windows that runs each five
minutes, like a unix cron ("Tareas programadas" in Spanish, scheduled
tasks?). It opened a console window for a second and that was very
annoying. So I used the switch -GW and there is no more flashing console
bothering. But then I can't show any help or any output for debug from
the prompt.

I can live with it, in fact, it usually uses a log file, but some times,
when I'm installing, testing paramters etc, it's more handy to run the
program from the prompt and see the result immediately or display the
help instead of having to open logs.

Is there any way to open a console on the fly and send the output to the
console?

FPC 3.0.0 for Windows 7 and Windows XP

--

Santiago A.