[fpc-pascal] what is the possible cause of EPrivilege Privileged instruction ?

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Wed Oct 26 18:12:55 CEST 2016

A couple of ideas (no more than this)

1. A corrupt stack has resulted in a function return address being
corrupted and the program jumps to an illegal instruction.

2. Executing data (shouldn't really happen).

3. Corrupt VMT sgain resulting in the program jumping to an illegal
instruction.

The problem with these type of bugs is that cause and effect can be some
way apart. I tend to debug multi-threaded programs that are mis-behaving
by having lots of writeln statements and then looking at the output log
to see which patterns of behaviour lead to the problem. Can be an art
rather than a science.