[fpc-pascal] The Next Release

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Oct 11 23:06:49 CEST 2016

In our previous episode, Tony Whyman said:
> What's the timetable for the next release?

Should be out 2 months ago. Problems with documentation tool are delaying.

> Can we assume that all of
> "trunk" will be in it or will it be more nuanced?

It is a fixes to 3.0 only, no new language features, and only non intrusive
fixes, specially on the compiler side.

The RTL and packages are a bit more state of the art, and a lot has been
merged up to about july. (when the RC1 was packaged, though it is still not
out).

Due to the extreme long span between rc1 and final release probably a small
round of merging of critical stuff will still be done (or rc1 will be
skipped, some merging done, and then directly RC2).