[fpc-pascal] LowerCase vs. UnicodeLowerCase

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Oct 11 10:03:19 CEST 2016

In our previous episode, Santiago A. said:
> I think that "automatic overriding" is a wrong design from the first
> turbo pascal and should be fixed. The need of overriding system
> functions like memory managers is a corner case to treat, not a reason
> to not solve the unexpected hide of declarations.

Well, the problem mainly exists because you don't have any control over
importing symbols from an unit other than "all".

A different route would to fix that (like Modula2 or "qualified" importing
like in again M2 but also GPC).

If you only use a few functions from an unit with many identifiers (like
the various OS headers units e.g.  windows), you can go to qualified for
from.. importing.