[fpc-pascal] A serious Memleak using delegates/implements (was: Delegate Interface class does not seem to be referenced counted)

Thu Oct 6 12:03:30 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-06 05:54, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> Recently I had to revive my stone old AMD-K6 PC with Windows 95. What marvel,
> that relict with its age-old applications provides a better user experience,
> is snappier, more convenient and more productive than my newest Linux machine
> with the modern desktops and applications.

We seem to have a lot in common. I still prefer Win2000 for any Windows
development (if I must use Windows). Memory efficient and very snappy
indeed! For Linux (actually FreeBSD) I long ago gave up on the extremely
bloated 'desktop environments' and have for years been using JWM (Joe's
Window Manager) - old school to the point, extremely fast and memory
efficient (8MB max) window manager. JWM stays out of my way, has hardly
any keyboard shortcuts to interfere with my daily programs, gives me a
task bar, virtual desktops and a popup menu. I don't need more than that.

Oh, and I run this on a Intel i7 3.5Ghz CPU with 32GB RAM. I prefer to
use my RAM for actual applications, VMs or the ZFS file system - not the
desktop environment. ;-)

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/